Southside Center of Hope (House of Hope) is hosting a back-to-school Backpack Drive to support the children of Independence House. House of Hope is the new service provider for Independence House, a permanent supportive housing development for women with children experiencing homelessness in the North Lawndale community.
As the service provider, Southside Center of Hope will provide case management and wrap around services including rehabilitation counseling, health care referrals, job training opportunities, and educational classes.
With back-to-school season around the corner, we aim to provide every child at Independence House with a new backpack.
Why Support Operation Backpack:
- New backpacks lessen the financial burden of back-to-school season for low-income mothers.
- Backpacks help students store their essential school supplies and homework.
- You can be the one to help prepare a child for a productive school year.
Three Ways to Support Operation Backpack:
1. Stop by one of our Backpack Drive dates to drop off a backpack.
Friday, August 19th, 4PM – 7PM
Saturday, August 20th, 10AM – 1PM
Drop-off Location: Independence House
801 S Independence
Chicago, IL 60624
2. Purchase a backpack from our Amazon Wish list. The backpack will be sent to our address.
3. Don’t have time to shop online or drop-off off a backpack? You can donate to our Backpack Drive to help us purchase 100 backpacks!
With your help, we can provide direct support to a child living in poverty. With your donation, you will increase a child’s chances for success in school.
For more information, or to learn more about our backpack drive, call 773-643-5843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.